Course duration: 12 months
Guided learning hours (GLH): 10 hours per week (480 hours in total)
Study method: online learning with tutor’s guidance and support
The Oxford Diploma in TESOL Business Management and Leadership is a non-regulated professional qualification for language school managers and administrators, middle and senior leaders, teacher trainers and education advisors who would like to keep abreast of recent developments in the international TESOL industry.
The materials for this course have been developed based on the latest research findings in the management science field, with a particular focus on educational leadership, aiming to equip the qualification candidates with the theoretical knowledge, research skills and practical strategies and techniques of effectively managing resources and leading change in educational organisations.
The course work, including writing individual assignments, participating in group forum discussions as well as conducting research within educational settings, will largely contribute to the candidates’ personal and professional development, thereby facilitating sustainable organisational growth for exemplary leadership in the highly competitive TESOL sector.
- An overview of the current trends in the global TESOL business sector
- Models and theories of language learning, teaching and educational leadership
- Roles and responsibilities in managing the curriculum, learning process and learning environment in language schools
- Leadership styles and organisational cultures in education
- The cultural dimension of educational leadership
- Personal professional development for educational practice leaders
- Effective communication within the organisation and beyond
- Educational leadership development programmes and processes
- Contemporary practices in human resource management in language education
- Practising collaborative models in TESOL teacher training: lesson observation, coaching, mentoring and counselling
- Managing business operations in language schools: marketing, advertising, sales, and finance
- Strategic leadership in educational settings: managing strategic planning and change for effective learning and teaching
- Integrating technology-enhanced solutions into the learning, teaching and business management processes in language schools
- Managing library and information services in language schools
- Dilemmas in educational leadership and management: resolving internal organisational issues and adapting to broader environmental factors
- Reflective approaches to teaching, learning and educational leadership
- Research methods in TESOL business management: exploring the role and limitations of research in informing educational leadership practice
- Conducting a small-scale research project on educational management theory and leadership practices in the TESOL industry
Online study materials:
Online study materials for the course are available via a dedicated virtual learning environment (VLE) which includes:
- a module guide
- an interactive week-by-week study planner
- key critical and theoretical readings related to language learning, teaching and educational leadership
- a glossary of terms related to business management and educational leadership
- an online forum for discussions and group work
- an assessment guide
- a referencing style guide
- access to our online library databases with resources related to business management and educational leadership
Course work includes:
- 7 tutor-marked assignments
- end-of-course assessment (a qualification paper of 20-30 pages and a published article on your research theme)
Course participants will be encouraged to relate the content of the course to their own professional experiences when working on their assignments and qualification papers. Therefore, access to formal or informal educational settings will be needed to apply the ideas in practice and carry out observations. Candidates’ articles will be published in our School’s TESOL Practitioner’s Magazine.
On successfully completing this qualification, you will be awarded our Oxford Diploma in TESOL Business Management and Leadership. You will be entitled to use the letters OxTESOLBusMLDip after your name.
Course fees for 2023/2024 academic year: £2,520
Course fees cover registration, course materials, tuition and assessment.
Next term start date: 20 January 2024
Register by: 10 January 2024